waxi is a specialist water taxi service that launched November 2016 connecting Manchester City Centre with Sale, Intu Trafford Centre, Media City UK, Spinningfields and Old Trafford along the Bridgewater Canal.
Hoopla was tasked with successfully launching waxi in November 2016 and then ensuring the successful marketing of the company on an ongoing basis to help establish it as an iconic part of Manchester’s cultural makeup.
1. Create hype around the launch of waxi Manchester
2. Drive awareness and reach of waxi Manchester
3. Encourage engagement with the social media channels
4. Send high value traffic to the website for bookings
5. Achieve 500 downloads of the waxi app during the launch period
Our aim was to create as much awareness as possible utilising a range of tactics to ensure that we created as much hype as possible with the limited budget. The limited budget meant that we would have to focus more of our time on earned media channels to ensure we met our objectives.
The campaign for waxi involved the following stages:
1. Initial launch involving an influencer and PR campaign to drive awareness and create a hype around the brand. This involved focussing attention on getting coverage on key media channels such as TV, Radio, Press and Influencer networks to get as much reach as possible.
2. Managing the ongoing digital and social media marketing of the brand which involved a range of tactics including:
– a high value content strategy amplified across owned, earned and paid media channels to create awareness, drive traffic and create engagement.
– full social media management of the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Trip Advisor channels including listening, engaging and nurturing relationships with the target audience and key influencers
– encouraging user-generated content to turn customers and people who see waxi into advocates of the brand
– Running a range of social media campaigns to create action
- Radio coverage across Key 103 FM, BBC Radio Manchester and Heart FM
- TV coverage across BBC Northwest Tonight, Channel 5’s documentary “The Trafford Centre: Countdown To Christmas” and the new football pools advert.
- Press coverage across key media outlets such as Manchester Evening News, I news, Sale Today and Altringham Today.
- Key Influencer networks such as Visit Manchester, Manchester Confidential, Visit Britain, I love Manchester, Whats on Manchester and About Manchester.
- We achieved a reach of 814.2k people and 3.2million impressions from our Facebook and Twitter channels alone.
- 41,225 engagements with the brand via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 23,531 website visitors.
- 2,452 app downloads over the launch period.